Wednesday Words of Encouragement


There are so many things I hope for, long for and pray for in my life. Some days I feel such overwhelming desire to stop what I'm doing and pray for these things.  Often, they bring me sadness, and yet, there is nothing I can do except keep praying.  

Break my heart, Lord, for what breaks yours.

❤ Praying that people in my life who don't know Jesus would see how much they need Him.  Yet, I can't make them see that and they don't need me preaching at them because they've heard it before.  Only the Holy Spirit can begin the work of drawing them to Him.

Praying that the insanity, pain and suffering in this world would come to an end.  But until sin is eradicated from this world, that will not happen.  But I can make sure that I'm not adding to it with my words and my actions.

❤ Praying that my children would follow God and make wise choices.  That they would be safe, and that they would continually follow God's will for their lives. Because they are adults, I can only speak words of wisdom here or there and leave them in God's hands.

❤ Praying for those in my church family.  I long for them to understand the fullness of knowing Christ and following Him with total abandonment.  But so often distractions get in the way.  They get sidetracked and sidelined and want to give up.  Praying that they would truly begin to know and experience the power of God in their lives.

❤ Praying that for myself as well.  I too can get sidetracked. I can get tired and want to throw up my hands and sit on the sidelines.  However, my desire is to follow Christ wherever that may lead and to do it with a joyful heart.

❤ Praying for the following for each of you today...

Ephesians 3:14-19 (HCSB) ~

For this reason I kneel before the Father from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named. I pray that He may grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power in the inner man through His Spirit, and that the Messiah may dwell in your hearts through faith. I pray that you, being rooted and firmly established in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the length and width, height and depth of God’s love, and to know the Messiah’s love that surpasses knowledge, so you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live