Bliss


We live in a small modular home.  Two of the three bedrooms are very small.  The living room, dining room and kitchen are all one fairly open space and not large at all.  We have an attached heated sunroom that you walk down into from the dining room.  That room currently holds my sewing table and supplies, a bunny rabbit, an easy chair, my home-from-college-for-good son and all his belongings (until he can find a job or figure out what his next step is), a coat rack and about a bazillion shoes.  

And until the end of January when Emily goes back to college there are 5 adults living here. There are days when I feel like I am going to lose my mind. Because while I am very social and love people, I also need time to myself. I need quiet and solitude to concentrate. I need time every single day to just have silence. And one of the major things that stress me out is clutter. And there is a lot of it at the moment and no one else here is bothered by it.

There are days when I wish I could just go off by myself for a few hours to some mountaintop and enjoy the seclusion. Instead I've been surrounded by snow with no where to go! lol

Today, Emily is away at a friend's house. Dan and Stephen are visiting his parents. Nathan left for work at 5 a.m. I have all day to myself. It's blissfully quiet. 

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.......I can feel the tension melting away.

My plan after I post this is to:
  • Clean up the sunroom
  • Get rid of some of the clutter
  • Spray paint the dining room and kitchen ceiling where the roof leaked
  • Write an article in silence with my thoughts
  • Sew which I haven't done in over a month because someone is parked in the middle of my sewing area
Silence. Solitude. Aloneness. Bliss!

Comments