On the Twelfth Day of Christmas My True Love Gave to Me


On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...

💗 The gift of getting us home safely last night after having to turn around on our way to take Emily to a friend's for a couple of days. The moment we turned south towards the Thruway it started snowing heavily and then as we got on the thruway, we were almost sideswiped by a tractor trailer who decided to cut across 2 lanes of traffic and started sliding sideways.  Needless to say, we turned around and came back home. It took us 3 hours to go 110 miles.  My husband stayed calm and cool even while I was clutching the dashboard.

💗 The gift of making the coffee every morning. I wake up in the morning, come out of the bedroom and there it is - ready to go.

💗 The gift of making sure we are plowed out and that the cars are cleaned off, sidewalks shoveled, roof raked, etc.  I'm capable of doing it but don't have to because he considers it his job.

💗 The gift of encouragement.  He is an encourager and believes in me.  That is a wonderful gift.

💗 The gift of providing for his family.  He pastors a church and he tutors in order to provide.  He does so without complaining and that in itself is a gift.

💗 The gift of helps.  He does the dishes every single night.  He folds laundry.  I never ask him to do this nor do I expect him to do it.  In fact, sometimes I get frustrated because I think I should do it since I'm home but he says he enjoys it and he wants to do it.  I so appreciate that about him.

💗 Unconditional love. I'm not always easy to live with and I can be temperamental. Dan loves me and he forgives easily. He does not hold grudges and he doesn't throw things back in my face.  He truly loves me and shows that in a multitude of ways.

I could go on and on about the gifts this man gives me. He is laid back and easy going. He isn't a type A, get to the top of the heap type of guy.  But he is faithful.  He is merciful and kind.  He loves the Lord.  He loves his family.  He is steady.  He is a rock.

And that is the best gift I could ever have on this last and final day of Christmas!

Have a beautiful, blessed 12th Day of Christmas!


P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered into the drawing which ends Saturday evening.

P.P.S. I basically had to change the template of the blog back to what it was in order for anyone to see my sidebar. I changed the color. Oh well! lol

P.P.S. I'm pretty sure next year I'm not going to be dragging out Christmas because after the first couple of days, I was ready to get moving on the new year.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Crafting Wednesday

A Mindful Year

When the Unexpected Pops Up