Wednesday Words of Encouragement
Psalm 34:3-5 (NLT) ~
Send out your light and your truth;
let them guide me.
Let them lead me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you live.
let them guide me.
Let them lead me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you live.
There I will go to the altar of God,
to God—the source of all my joy.
I will praise you with my harp,
O God, my God!
to God—the source of all my joy.
I will praise you with my harp,
O God, my God!
Why am I discouraged?
Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
I will praise him again —
my Savior and my God!
There are times when we can feel so down and depressed. It may be for many reasons - family issues, work problems, financial issues and on and on.
As I was reading this morning, the Psalmist says he will go to the altar of God, which is the source of our joy. Are you feeling down, depressed and joyless today? Have you spent any time reading or in prayer?
I want to encourage you to do that. Go to God’s altar and commune with Him. You won’t find joy in social media or the morning news. You won't find it in self-reflection or reading memes or interesting quotes. You will find it as you pray and spend time with the Lord. You will find it as you listen to God and what He has to say.
Put your hope in God today and you will find the joy that comes from walking in His ways.
Comments
Post a Comment
I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.