For Those Days When You Want to Give Up


It was one of those days.  You know what I'm talking about.  A day when nothing went right.  Harsh thoughts turned into harsh words that flew off my lips.  When I wanted to hide away in my room and never come out.  It was the kind of day when I thought, "Why do I even try?"  A day when I couldn't take one more burden on without feeling like my back was going to break.  When my spirit seemed to close up inside of me. 

So often our hearts can feel as if they are surrounded by ice and cold.  We are frozen in our tracks by whatever overwhelming situation we face.  No amount of sun will cause the frigid temperatures to warm.  We are faced with an unending situation that wraps icy fingers around us and we want to give up.  "What's the use?"  "Why do I even try?"


Yet as believers, we have hope.  Hope that the Son will melt the ice that is forming around our hearts.  Hope in knowing that the Lord forgives and has mercy.  Hope that tomorrow will bring renewed vision and determination.  Hope that we will begin to warm.  Hope that only the love of our Heavenly Father can bring.


Romans 5:13 (NLT) ~

I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

My prayer today is that you will experience that joy and peace today, as you experience the hope we have in Christ Jesus.  May the SON warm your hearts today.


God provides the hope you need on those days when you want to give up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live