Monday Madness
Mondays are always kind of a "dragging" day for me after the busyness of the weekend but today was especially that way. However, it was also a hit the ground sprinting day too because Nathan had a 9 a.m. appointment at the agency for adults with disabilities. It was kind of a disappointing appointment as we struggle through red-tape and a series of "no's" and as he has to adjust to his reality.
Emily is home for the week as she needed some adjusting of her own after breaking up with her boyfriend. It was the right decision, but she is hurting and we are helping her work through some of the emotions.
My retreat this past weekend went very well and it was such a wonderful time of encouragement and challenging one another. But it also had its hiccups. My tooth broke during the very first meeting and I now have a gaping hole where the filling had been. Unfortunately, I cannot get in to see the dentist until Wednesday.
I am coming to the end of my patience with my knee. My appointment is tomorrow and I hope to get a date for surgery. I haven't slept well in the past two months and really need some pain-relief.
However, despite the problems, I am thankful today for the following numbered blessings.
3294. I came home to our newly stained deck, done by a gentleman in our church.
3295. Emily made a wise, though painful decision.
3296. My tooth is not hurting.
3297. I am looking forward to a visit from my mom and stepdad at the end of the week.
3298. Encouraging notes from a friend.
3299. Air-conditioning! It is hot and humid.
and finally...
3300. Monday madness can be turned into Multitude Monday.


Comments
Post a Comment
I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.