Busy Week Ahead










It's been an extremely busy week and I'm tired out today. When I look back over last week, I'm amazed that I got so much done, especially with losing 1/2 a day in taking Emily back to school and an unexpected, out of town meeting on Wednesday which took the whole day. I have more of the same for the coming week. We have a houseguest next weekend and I've been busy trying to get things into shape and ready for a missionary who will be staying with us for our church's missions conference. 

I've also been trying to get myself into shape so every day has been a time of getting out of the house and walking. I like those times because it helps to clear my head and think about different things going on in my life. 

One of the things I did this weekend which was not on my to-do list was to paint Emily's room. Before we moved here, Emily picked out the paint and the church painted for us. When we arrived, I was surprised to see how incredibly neon green it was! I was supposed to paint circles on her wall in different shades of purple and teal and got as far as drawing the circles on. But the green was so crazy that what I planned really didn't seem like it would work. Then I started with the injuries and never got the job done.

So I chose a seafoam green and we put on two coats of primer and then the new color. It really looks blue and not quite what I envisioned but it is so much better than it was. Emily isn't sure she likes it but too bad! lol It's on and I'm not painting over it. I still have to hang her things back up and put up curtains and a matching bedspread on, but we are all set for Carlos who will be here on Friday afternoon.

I also purchased a dresser for Stephen which somehow led to a whole lot of rearranging of things and using a bookcase that was in my kitchen. That led to rearranging the kitchen. These jobs really end up being so much than anticipated, don't they?

I cleaned up the floor and put the furniture back where it goes in Emily's room this afternoon as well as cleaning the bathroom. However, I am going to relax the rest of the day and then make some soup for dinner. I figured I might as well type out my to-do list for the week and get a head start on that.

Here is the plan for 9/10-9/16/18:

Spiritual/Personal Development
1. Bible reading & prayer - at least 5 out of 7 days - 5 days done
2. Work on consecration questions
3. Consecration reading

Marriage/Family
1. Date night with Dan
2. Make a payment on Emily's school bill

Health
1. Exercise 5 out of 7 days. - 4 days done
2. Call and schedule physical
3. Call dentist and schedule getting my tooth fixed. 

Church Ministry
1. Make something for tomorrow night's ladies Bible study.
2. Lead study on Monday night.
3. Bulletins
4. Change the bulletin board
5. Make soup for soup and sandwich dinner on Friday night
6. Make French toast casserole for men's breakfast on Saturday

District Ministry
1. Work on retreat which is the weekend of 9/21-9/22
2. Put together display board for retreat
3. Send agenda for our district executive meeting 
4. Send out detailed schedule to those participating in the retreat.
5. Attend speaking intensive training on Wednesday
6. Email the director of the conference center a list of our needs, final numbers and menu
7. Work on "director's challenge" for retreat

Household
1. Deep clean bathroom
2. Deep clean sunroom
3. Vacuum entire house
4. Hang pictures in Emily's room
5. Come up with meals for our houseguest. Some of the meals are covered with church events, but I need to come up with Saturday lunch and dinner, and Sunday lunch.
6. Make juice out of 6 lbs. of grapes I picked.
7. Make grape jelly
8. Grocery shop
9. Buy book case for Emily's room

Crafts
1. Make notecards for retreat - Made 30 cards

I think that's all I'll have time for this week on the crafting end of things. It's a lot, but I find if I work steadily then things get accomplished.

Have a great week!

Comments