Happy Labor Day!


Happy Labor Day! It seems fitting that on Labor Day I'm typing out my to-do list for the week. I had a lot on my list last week and amazingly, I got all but one item finished on it. I love when I can keep plugging away and get it done.

Emily was home for the weekend and Dan and I are taking her back to college after lunch so there won't be a whole lot happening today. However, I have another week of needing to get things done and typing out the list here does help. It's going to be so very hot and humid again this week so I'm probably going to be moving slower.

To-do for Week of 9/3-9/9/18:

Spiritual/Personal Development
1. Bible Reading & Prayer - At least 5 out of 7 days - 6 done
2. Work on theology questions for Consecration
3. Work on project for Consecration

Marriage & Family
1. Date Went out to dinner on the way home from dropping Emily off
2. Take Emily back to school

Health
1. Exercise 5 out of 7 days. I did great last week and a few of the days I actually walked twice during the day. I'm working on getting my knee stronger, as well as losing some weight. - 5 days done

Church Ministry
1. Bulletins
2. Church calendar
3. Plan children's church lesson
4. Change bulletin board
4. Make cookies this morning and put together cookie platters for local elementary school teachers. We are taking them to the school in the morning along with a note to let the teachers and staff know that we are praying for them. Made chocolate chip, molasses crinkle and a pan of brownies.



District Ministry
1. Continued work on district retreat
2. Put together director's challenge for retreat
3. Put together display board for the retreat to advertise upcoming events
4. Continue to work on notecards for one of the prayer stations at the retreat. Could I buy them? Yes. But I love being creative and it saves the organization a bit of money because I don't charge for these. I just use what I have here at the house.
5. Unexpected out of town district meeting that ate up my whole day on Wednesday
6. District Monthly Report
7. Set up October meeting with the hotel staff for our April retreat.



Household
1. Deep clean kitchen
2. Declutter and purge
3. Help Steve temporarily organize his items
3. Vacuumed sunroom
4. Need to find a free/cheap dresser for Stephen
5. Paint Emily's room
6. Get my items from local farm market that have been there since May. Their season is winding down

Crafty Things - I'm participating as a vendor in a couple of upcoming retreats/craft fairs and will list things under this category as I make them. A lot of the reason I'm participating in the  local craft fairs is because my business is the one thing that actually gets me out in the community and meeting new people. The other is that every little bit of money helps us pay for Emily's school bill, plus I'm also donating to a missions project. I actually got an order yesterday for 3 aprons so whoo-hoo!

1. Made 14 notecards
2. Made a batch of soap


Okay, I think that's it for this week. These items listed are on top of making meals, doing laundry, and other little things I do all day long.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating to Live

Haste Makes Waste in Decision-Making

The Result of Staying Connected