Multitude Monday



Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, pies...all the things people look forward to this week. Family, friends, fun and fellowship are anticipated and giving thanks and counting our blessings is what most people will be doing on Thursday. 

But do we give thanks every day of the year? Do we praise God no matter what is going on in our lives? Do we pour out a sacrifice of praise, meaning it costs us something - praising not only in the good times, but when it's difficult? That's not as easy to do, is it?

For the past four Sundays, I've had strips of paper on the seats of church for people to write one way they have seen God work in the last week or one thing they are thankful about. I have turned them into a paper chain and it's been fun to watch it grow each week. I started by hanging it on the cross at the front of the church as a symbol of Christ's sacrifice. We can offer up a sacrifice of praise because of the sacrifice He made for us. 

This week is full of busyness and fun. But in the middle of the activity don't forget to give thanks. Don't forget to offer up words of praise. Take time to pray and be thankful for the very breath that is in your lungs.

Let's offer up a sacrifice of praise to our Heavenly Father.

This week I am thankful for blessings #3,466 - 3,480

3,466. The beauty of first snowfall.



3,467. The privilege of spending time with a friend home from the hospital and praying for her.

3,468. My 3D Kids program has started up again and I'm so thankful for these little ones that bring me joy and fun.





3,469. I'm taking a public speaking intensive and it's been fun and challenging. We each have a few minutes to speak on a topic and then there is a time of positive critique. I look forward to this each month.

3,470. Holiday baking. I'm thankful to have a kitchen to work in.



3,471. Teens that enjoy coming to church and are involved in our service.



3,472. A church where all ages worship together and enjoy one another.





3,473. A husband who takes good natured ribbing about his team. He ran next door to our house after the service and changed into this for our potluck. He has always rooted for the underdog! lol



3,474. We had a Thanksgiving potluck after church yesterday and there was so much food. We're never sure how much food will show up but this time there was an abundance.



3,475. A great crowd yesterday which uplifts everyone's spirits. People don't realize how much their missing church affects the rest of the church. I was talking with someone yesterday about this and they were agreeing. Small attendance affects the atmosphere, the worship and to be honest, the pastor. So after quite a few weeks of low attendance it was wonderful to have a full house yesterday.


3,476. A church family that genuinely loves each other. This is such a healthy church, and it's refreshing. It's certainly not perfect and there is always something that every congregation struggles with, but healthy relationships are not the issue in this church.







3,477. Teaching these young ones. They are a challenge at times and our church is small which means we have mixed ages in children's church. We also have children with some disabilities so I make an exception many times for age cut-offs, but I love being able to teach them about God and how much He loves them. My prayer is that some of what I teach gets through!


3,478. That pile of food in the background of the above picture are donations that people brought in for Thanksgiving baskets. We were able to pack and deliver about 7 baskets this year. In years past we've gotten a list of names from our public schools and delivered to random families. This year, we decided that we had enough people in our own church who struggled or knew someone who did that we would deliver the baskets that way. It worked out much better and we know the people who needed it were getting exactly what was needed.

3,479. I was contacted by a shop yesterday, asking me if they could carry some of my items. So yay!!! I've been praying about ways to bring in some money without sacrificing my current ministry and consecration process. My sewing business seems to be picking up steam and is something I can do from home.

and finally...

3,480. The joy I feel this morning as I count my blessings! 

Don't forget to leave a comment here to be entered into my blog give away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live