The Lessening


Each year I pray about a word that I feel should be the theme for the coming year. As I think and pray about it, God generally leads me to a word and verse to focus on that year. This year my word was more. I wanted to decrease so that God could increase through me. I want more of Him to be glorified in my life.

However, the problem is that when you pray for an area of your life that needs work, God generally provides opportunities to practice! As I've been reflecting on many of the situations going on in my life and the struggles I've had this year, it's been about lessening.

To be brutally honest, it's been a lessening of my pride and increasing my humility. I don't think I'm proud but when I look at my reactions to things, it's generally because my ego is bruised.  

It's humbling to admit this here, but I want to be honest in my wrestling with God over this. As I look back over the year, I can see that God has been using different situations to help me decrease, just as I prayed a year ago. I want to live my life in such a way that He is the one getting the glory.

And that will only happen as I lessen and be willing to humble myself.


John 3:30 (NASB ) ~

He must increase, but I must decrease.

Comments