On the Ninth Day of Christmas: New Year's Eve and New Year's Day








New Year's Eve and Day were fairly uneventful and ones which consisted of sewing, football, board games and special treats. I grew up in a region where stuffed pizza was available. It's not healthy but oh so good! So I made that for New Year's Eve dinner. No, we did not make it until midnight and I'm sure the deep fried carb overload didn't help! 

Dan and I were able to get out and walk by the lake both days. What a change 24 hours made. On New Year's Eve the lake was flat and serene. Yesterday there were gale-force winds and it was whipping and wild! We could barely walk by the water but once we went off into the woods the wind died right down.

It was a different sort of day yesterday. Normally I take down all the decorations on New Year's Day but will be doing that this weekend. It was definitely low-key which is a good thing from time to time. I sewed, made dinner for a friend home from the hospital, played a game with the family. Dan and I delivered dinner and then picked up pizza for dinner. We live such exciting lives! ;-)

I'm not positive, but I think my "Days of Christmas" are coming to an end. And that is mostly because it's back to life as usual and I'm running out of ways to make this not seem like "just another day!" lol

We are hitting the ground running. Stephen just left for another job interview. Please pray for him if you would. He has generalized anxiety disorder and these types of things which cause just a bit of anxiety in most of us are really quite debilitating for him. He is driving to Syracuse this morning and is extremely anxious about something as little as finding a place to park and how many people will be there. My heart aches for my son as he is struggling, and we are all under a tremendous amount of stress at the moment as we walk through this with him. It's not an easy time.

I have a phone meeting at 9, Dan is tutoring today, I have to drop off items at a local shop, and fill some orders. Life goes on as another wonderful holiday season comes to a close.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eating to Live

Haste Makes Waste in Decision-Making

The Result of Staying Connected