On the Tenth Day of Christmas: For Your Amusement

The day we got it.

I decided to do one more day of Christmas for your amusement. I took all the decorations down in the church yesterday, but decided to wait and enjoy ours for a bit longer. My plan was to do it all on Saturday.

However, for the past day as I've been sitting in the living room and doing work, I keep hearing thuds and rustling in the tree. The ornaments are starting to fall off the tree on their own. I think the tree is telling me that it wants to be free of them! It is getting droopy and sad looking. The color isn't has vibrant and the scent is definitely getting stronger which generally is sign of dying branches.

6 weeks later
So the decision has been made for me. I'll be taking all the ornaments off today and then on Saturday the whole thing will go out into the woods. I think I'm not going to turn the lights on anymore either since it's starting to have the look and feel of kindling! lol 

It had a good run and I'm not looking forward to vacuuming up all those needles once it starts moving towards the door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live