Multitude Monday


It's Monday and I'm dragging a bit, but ready to face a new week. I'm thankful for so many things in my life and as I reflect this morning, I am thankful that God is at work in me during the hard times. 

So often we thank Him for the good things and when things are going well in our lives. But when life is tough we tend to either rant and rave and carry on about them or we put our head down and just try to get through them. But I want to thank Him for those hard times. I'm finding that it's in those trying times that I grow the most as a believer. 

Life has been tough the past few years and there are days when I want to just give up, but I'm also so incredibly thankful for the lessons I'm learning and the ways that I'm being stretched. I'm thankful for the days when all I can do is cling to the Lord and look to Him for my strength. I'm thankful for the times when all I can do is follow Him along a very precarious path. And I'm thankful that I'm being stretched and molded to be more like Christ.

So on this Multitude Monday, I'm so thankful for the blessing of the hard times.

This week I'm thankful for the blessings #3,666-3,675

3,666. I'm thankful that my daughter is home this summer. She's working hard and is out much of the time but it's been so nice to have her here.

And apparently, every selfie now has to have butterflies floating around her face. lol
3,667. I've been busy sewing and filling some orders. I'm thankful for a business that does well, even when I have to set it aside during certain times of the year.



3,668. I completed and submitted my last paper for consecration about a week ago. I'm so thankful that those requirements are finished.

3,669. I'm thankful for walks in the woods with my husband. I never know what I'll stumble upon.

There were about 30-40 of these turkey vultures overhead. We startled them as they were scavenging through a fish-cleaning station near the lake.
3,670. Our piano player and worship leader was away yesterday and I'm thankful that another woman in our church was able to fill in on the keyboards. It was way out of her comfort zone and she's never played with a team before but did a great job.

3,671. I'm thankful for breakfast out with a group of ladies from our church. We never get to just go out and enjoy one another's company so it was nice to spend some time together.


3,672. I'm thankful the temperatures have dropped for a couple of days. It was so incredibly hot and humid the past week and it feels wonderful today. It's raining but there is a cool breeze.

3,673. I'm thankful for time on my deck in the early morning before it got unbearable. I'm able to sit with my coffee and spend some time reading and praying.


3,674. I have a sales goal that I set for myself at the farmers market. I'd like to sell at least a certain amount each week to make it worth my time. I'm thankful that every single week I've made and sometimes, exceeded that goal. 

and finally...

3,675. Praising Him in the hard times.

Comments

  1. I think when we go through our trials we can with either walk away from God or draw closer
    we too have had a very difficult time the last few years
    I always pray for strength , direction and a few God hugs
    Yesterday God gave us a huge hug and blessing
    We loved my husband's doctor and the cancer was found soon enough there will not be a problem fixing it
    Sometime God answers our trials in a short amount of time and yet sometimes it can take years or maybe we won't get the answer until we get to heaven
    I look at Joni Tada
    Thank you for your blog
    So glad your business is doing well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news about the cancer! That's an awesome praise!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live