An Adventure



Dan & I had an adventure today and really enjoyed ourselves. We decided to hit the road and drive into the Adirondack Mountains to go hiking. We went to Mt. Arab, elevation 2,545 feet. I haven't done a lot of hiking in the mountains the past few years due to my knee issues. 

It was a moderate climb though since I haven't done it in a while it was difficult and I was breathing so heavily that I was getting light headed. But the views when we got to the fire tower were beautiful. I even made myself fight through my fear of heights and went up the 35' tower. I didn't stay long up there but at least I made it!




 




We ate our lunch at the top and enjoyed the scenery.




On the way home I made Dan stop by the side of the road so I could get Queen Anne's lace for jelly.
 

We left the house at 8 this morning and got home around 4:30. Dinner has been made, we played a couple of games with the boys and I'm sitting and typing this. I can tell you one thing. I'm going to sleep well tonight!

I'm so glad we took the time to do this today. I missed getting out and doing activities like this during the summer so I'm going to try and enjoy every moment I can over the next few weeks. Before you know it the snow will be flying!

Comments

  1. I have read about the Adirondacks and would love to hike them. So glad you had a restoring day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful and you could spend years exploring and still never see everything.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! Congrats on hiking and pushing through you fear of heights. I totally understand that fear. Looks like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa! It was scary but I'm glad I did it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live

When Christmas Doesn't Quite Feel Like Christmas