"Don't Want to Pack it or Move it" Food Challenge - Menu for Week #1


My plan is to come up with a weekly menu utilizing the items I have in my pantry and freezer so I can use them up before we move. Everyone fends for themselves at breakfast time and many times I'm here by myself for lunch so I'm not going to list the lunch items. There is a tiny bit of turkey left so I'll probably make a turkey sandwich one or two days.

I'll just cross of the items from my original post as I use them.

Breakfast Food
Granola
Leftover Sweet Potato Casserole Muffins

*Uses some of the oats, cranberries and the rest of the sweet potato casserole from Thanksgiving

Monday

Lunch 
Chicken nuggets and French fries since Nathan is home 

Dinner
Spinach & Cheese Perogies with bacon & caramelized onions
Peas


*Uses up Perogies, 1 bag peas, chicken nuggets and French fries from freezer

Tuesday

Dinner
Chili
Cornbread
Tossed Salad

* Uses up ground beef, kidney beans, 1/2 bag corn, 2 cans of diced tomatoes


Wednesday

Dinner
Leftovers since worship practice always fall smack in the middle of dinner time

Thursday

Dinner

Chicken alfredo with farfalle pasta (will add the canned - yuck - to my own)

Tossed Salad
Homemade focaccia bread

* Uses up can of alfredo, 1 bag of chicken breast, 1 box of farfalle

Friday

Dinner
Tuna croquettes
Rice
Green beans

* Uses up 3 cans of tuna, 1 bag of frozen green beans

Saturday

Dinner
Coconut-curry chicken
Rice
Peas
Homemade biscuits

*Uses up 1 bag chicken thighs, 1 can coconut milk, 1 bag frozen peas

Sunday

Dinner
Homemade pizza - one with pepperoni, the other with bacon, goat's milk cheese, onions and Kalamata olives
Tossed salad

*Uses up 1 bag pepperoni, 1/4 pack of bacon, goat's milk cheese, 1/2 jar of olives

Comments

  1. Wow great menus!
    When are you moving?
    How are you feeling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. We are moving in early January and I'm feeling well. Overwhelmed with a move; but physically ok! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Crafting Wednesday

A Mindful Year

When the Unexpected Pops Up