Insurmountable


There are days when I'm faced with what seems like insurmountable tasks and problems. When I look at them as a whole, I think there is no way I will ever get through this list or this problem or this situation. 

And yet, if I just focus on the next step ahead of me, and then the next and the next, eventually I find myself on top of the cliff. 

I woke up in the middle of the night last night and experienced something I haven't in a while. It was an overwhelming, crushing grief. Every mistake I've made, every hurt I've experienced, every circumstance I'm going through came crashing in on me. It was not a pleasant experience. Eventually I drifted back to sleep and woke up this morning feeling refreshed and determined.

Some things seem insurmountable and yet, if I move forward one step at a time, I'll get to the top of the mountain. There are some things that I can do nothing about - I can't change other people's attitudes or mistakes, but I can put those in God's hands and focus on the things I can change. I can focus on my own attitude and what I do.

In the light of day, the insurmountable things really aren't so overwhelming. I'm thankful for a new day and the strength to handle the next few steps forward that I can accomplish today.

Comments