Weekend Musings

My jams and vanilla extract at a local shop.

Some weeks are just weird and this was one of them. Some things were expected and others were not. It started with the extraction of two of my wisdom teeth and I lost a day and a half in a drug-induced haze. It ended with a busy day yesterday doing ministry things, helping a friend with computer stuff, and grocery shopping. 

The days between included an entire morning at a neurology appointment for my son, finding out a squirrel had chewed  a basketball-sized hole in the interior hood lining of my son's brand new car and was making a nest in the engine, working at a friend's shop, sewing, ministry items, a canceled get away because of Dan needing to be available for a funeral and meeting with the family, and just an overall strange eclectic sort of week where nothing was normal. 

This week left me feeling unsettled, out of sorts, and as if the  unpleasant and unexpected was around every corner. 

But there were some good things too:

❥ I seem to have come through the removal of two wisdom teeth with no problems. It's still a bit sore on that side of my mouth and I have to take care when I eat, but so far, no issues. 

❥ My son's nerve testing at his neurology appointment pointed to a less severe problem.


❥ The damage to his car seems to be just the lining and the silly squirrel didn't eat through any wires. I'm not thrilled with those critters!

❥ Even in the middle of being busy this week, I did manage to make a couple of good meals, though I don't think we ate together once all week because all of our schedules were weird. 


❥ I worked at a friends shop on Wednesday. I got there, turned on all the lights and got ready to open and looked out the window to see this sight. WHAT???!!!! While it was pretty, I'm thankful it all melted and is gone.


❥ I'm so thankful for the small group I'm leading on Wednesday nights. We had a great discussion this past week.

❥ Our new café area at the church is finally complete and is beautiful. I'm thankful for the grant we received to have it done and the friend who did the work to convert the old office into this open and beautiful space. 

❥ Despite the cold and the snow, my dahlias and marigolds are still going strong. It's hard to believe that it's the third week in October and they are still blooming. I cut this single rose on Tuesday because I knew it was going to be really cold that night. I'm glad I did because it's a beautiful reminder of summer.

❥ My body decided that it wanted to be up at 4 a.m. this morning. However, I'm thankful that I was able to finish and submit a paper that is due by the end of the month. 

Some weeks are like that - a mixture of the good and bad. I am looking forward to a day with nothing on the agenda and hopefully can squeeze in a nap later on!

Comments

  1. Praise God that your son's results were better than anticipated.
    Though it is hard sometimes, it is good to look for the silver linings....no matter how thin those linings may be :).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live