The Goodness of God

I definitely had writer's block last week and half-heartedly started a blog post or two and then deleted them. I've been blogging since 2008 and there are days when I feel like the well is running dry. But then something will happen or some inspirational thoughts will pop into my brain and get that spring bubbling up again.

This morning as I was doing my quiet time and my brain kept wanting to wander while I was praying, I got frustrated with myself. I thought, "I can't even pray right."

And then just as quickly as I refocused my mind, I heard God's voice tell me, "Stop trying to perform." Even in my prayer life I tend to be task-oriented and achievement-focused. It's been so ingrained into my being that I must perform well or else I've failed. And that even carries over to my prayer life.

Whereas just sitting in God's presence shouldn't be about *ME* but about *HIM*. Because God is good, my performance isn't the thing that earns me His love and mercy. He is good and merciful and loves me because of His character and not because of mine.

Mondays are the day I normally look back over the previous week and then list those things I'm thankful about. Today is no different, but at the top of the list is the goodness of God.

This week I'm thankful for...

💓 Taking a day off for the first time in a very long time.

💓 Opportunities to stretch and grow in my leadership.

💓 Temperatures warming back up.

💓 Opportunities to finally get back into the sewing room.

Finished up a table runner.

This table runner is up next.

💓 Breakfast out with my husband.

💓 Opportunities to meet up with friends this week.

💓 Quick and easy meals.



💓 Praying with a friend.

💓 This silly animal who makes me laugh sometimes.


💓 Seeing so many stay after church and fellowship together each week. We have a new café area at church and started having refreshments each week after the service. It's been nice to see people staying and enjoying one another's company.

and last, but definitely not least...

💓 The goodness of God. 









Comments

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live