Woodland Wanderings


This week we have been on a staycation and just done daily hiking trips or going to local sites. We woke up to rainy and overcast skies yesterday morning so went to a local museum, but by the afternoon the sun had come back out so Dan and I went to one of our favorite spots to walk. 

The major way I connect with the Lord is when I'm out in nature. There is something that stirs within me and I feel a closeness with Him that is stronger than anywhere else.

But being out in the woods also causes the creative side of me to rise up. I get some of my best ideas for writing, ministry and other pursuits as I'm walking. Sometimes I feel like I'm a bit weird and wired differently. Often as I'm out in nature tears spring up because I'm overwhelmed with the beauty.




And at other times, my imagination can create a thousand stories about the things I see. For example, this tree looks like it is trying to break free of its bondage and walk way. 


The moss covered projection in the background coming up off the fallen tree looks exactly like some strange woodsman crouching down and trying to camouflage himself with moss. 

The chipmunks remind me of sentinels warning the other woodland creatures with their high pitched squeaks that danger is coming. 

And this looks like a house for any number of woodland fairies. 

See? I told you I was weird!  ðŸ˜€What I should have done is follow my childhood dream of writing children's books. 


As I walk along, I'm always on the lookout for tiny flowers hidden on the ground.


Or easily missed treasures.

Or different textures, colors and patterns.




More importantly, it's a time to connect with the Lord, my husband and creation. And that is what feeds my soul.

Comments

  1. Not weird at all, Terri. You just have a highly developed imagination and see such interesting things in the forms and shapes of growing things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Paper Crafting Wednesday

When the Unexpected Pops Up

A Mindful Year