Operating from a Place of Rest and not Rush
We had a few smoke-filled days from the wildfires that are raging in Canada and the air quality was in the very unhealthy range. Our windows were shut tight and yet, the house still had a smokey smell. I am thankful that the past two days things improved tremendously.
| This was the mid-day sky on Thursday. The sun was so eerie looking and the sky was full dark and hazy. |
I've been deliberately putting things in my schedule that bring me joy - walks, time with friends and family, times to create, writing.
I had a second television interview on Saturday about plant-based eating and my cookbook. It was a different and fun activity.
Yesterday, was our day off and Dan and I ended up going on a four mile hike. We ended the morning by going to a favorite spot and sitting on a boulder "on top of the world" to have lunch. Perfect!
I've deliberately started scheduling in times of being present, times with important people in my life and times of working on projects (not work-related, but things I want to accomplish in my life). Since I've started doing that my internal state doesn't feel so frantic. And I believe that's because I'm being deliberate about my choices and what I want to fill my schedule. It's been such a restful sort of feeling which allows me to be intentional in my life. I'm still doing the work that needs to get done, but I'm being deliberate about when that happens and not allowing it to consume my every waking moment.
I've been operating from an internal space of rest and not rush, and that has made for a very good summer!

Comments
Post a Comment
I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.