No More Worries

Photobucket

Stephen was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder 4 years ago and spent a year in counseling with a Christian psychologist to try and get a grip on it. He has done wonderfully and though he does still struggle with his anxieties they are nothing like they used to be.

Stephen wrote about his anxieties the other day and this is what he said.


Anxieties. That does not sound too bad. It really is not, just a worry that gets caught up in my head and it stays there making me worry a lot.

I am almost 15 years old and struggled with anxieties for many years. My main anxiety is getting sick so it makes me do things like wash my hands too much, go to the bathroom frequently, and be afraid to be around others who are sick or even hear about someone who has a disease. I still have a difficult time getting to sleep at night. I went to a psychologist for counseling for about a year and he gave me relaxation exercises to do which helped. He told me to memorize scripture also.

I still have anxieties but there is a change. I am not worrying as much as I used to. Even though I still have my anxieties, I feel a lot different inside. I think what helped was realizing that God could heal me. I was leaving out the most important counselor. That was God. 1 Peter 5:7 says, "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

I am better now and not worrying as much as I used to. Because of God, I am now losing many of my fears and growing closer to Him. I love God and He loves me. I know this by His healing power in my life.

Stephen

Comments

  1. Wow, Stephen, what an incredible testimony you have. It's a beautiful thing to have learned to truly rely on the Lord at such a relatively young age -- that is something many adults haven't done yet. Thank you so much for sharing your struggles, and letting us see how God is such a real part of your daily life -- you've really encouraged me.

    Jen Elliott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen, You are a very wise young man to have learned that God can handle any problem that you have and to have learned to put your trust in God. You are an encouragement to me! I could learn some lessons from you. Keep trusting in God and He will deliver you from all fear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live