Sew Crafty Friday














It's Sew Crafty Friday. Shereen at Waiting for Him hosts this each Friday.

I finished up the wreath I was working on and I would like your opinion. Does it look better by itself or with the pinecones on it? It seems a little plain to me but maybe it's fine so I would appreciate your opinion.

With pinecones
Photobucket

Without
Photobucket

Here are some dishcloths I've made with scraps of leftover yarn. I use the 100% cotton by Sugar and Spice and I love them. After using these, I don't want to go back to those thin little dishcloths again. They do shrink a bit when you wash and dry them but they stretch back out when they get wet.

Excuse the strings. I haven't threaded them in yet. These are folded in half so when they are open they are about 7 inches square.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Well that's it for this week. The nice thing about doing this each Friday is that it gets my creative juices flowing!

Terri

Comments

  1. I think I like it without the pinecones. You can hardly see them in there. Or...you could spray pain them white, maybe, so they'd stand out?
    I like your dishcloths. I make them all the time and I use sugar-and-cream, too. I have one of those wire chickens you're supposed to use for eggs, except I keep her stuffed with my crocheted dish cloths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the wreath with the pinecones for the different texture. Great dishclothes. I keep reading about them all over the place. I may have to try making a few myself to see how they work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the wreath with the pinecones. Becasue it has more of an nature theme to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Terri!

    I'm enjoying your blog so much, and love the pictures from Christmas!

    My vote is for *without* the pinecones. The beautiful colors and texture of the leaves alone are lovely.

    Uh-oh. Now it's 2-2.

    Hugs to you,

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live

When Christmas Doesn't Quite Feel Like Christmas