Tidying God's Temple

I write a devotional once a week or so for an online message board. There is a section there for women trying to lose weight. I thought I would post here once a week or so and share my thoughts on the battle of the bulge!

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart." Proverbs 15:30a

Good morning ladies! What is the look on your face like as you go about your day? Do you walk around with a frown on your face or a furrowed brow? Or do you have a pleasant look or smile on?

The way your countenance looks can affect how you and others feel. Look at your face in the mirror and let your face relax. Do you see frown lines or laugh lines? That will probably give you a good idea of how you look most of the time! Scary, isn't it?
Sometimes we don't even realize how we look.

As you go through your day today be concious of how your face looks. Make an effort to turn up the corners of your mouth and smile. Do you know it takes far less muscles to smile than to frown? Would you rather be remembered as someone who smiled or someone who frowned all the time? The sad thing is that sometimes we will smile for others but do our families see the same face that others do?

Remember - SMILE!!!! :-)

Terri

Comments

  1. I needed this reminder today! I have already set the pace for the house and have not smiled once. Ugh! Thanks again! Time to reset the tone for today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Terri! I knew I would still get some of your knowledge one way or another! This will help keep me accountable, thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live