Fried Fish and Plantains

First of all if you are on a diet, do NOT make this meal. It is definitely not diet-friendly. However, my children love it and I decided to sacrifice just this once ;-).

First, you need cornmeal and Old Bay Seasoning.
Photobucket

Mix them together on a plate.
Photobucket

Now beat together 3-4 eggs.
Photobucket

Dip the fish (I used tilapia) in the egg and then in the cornmeal.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.

We did inner city work for 10 years and it was there that we were introduced to plantains by our Latino friends. Again, there are many ways to make plantains and this is probably not the healthiest.

Slice the skin of the plantain.
Photobucket

Peel.
Photobucket

Slice.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Now you are ready to fry everything up. Fry both the plantains and the fish (not at the same time) for about 3-5 minutes until they are golden brown.

Photobucket

Remove from the oil (I used canola) and drain on paper towels. Add salt.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Nathan made a salad.
Photobucket

This offsets all of the grease being consumed!
Photobucket

Serve with the salad. Yummy!
Photobucket

Today, I'm back to eating salads and lean meat. But it was good while it lasted :-).

Comments

  1. The Salad looks yummy! I'll take your word for it for the other stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri,

    I was just teasing you about your fish and plantains. Actually, it did look good. I've had talapia but not plantains. I also use Old Bay seasonings on my talapia but we just bake it in the oven. We spray it with Pam and sprinkle it with Old Bay Seasoning and bake it for 10 Min. It is good that way, too. I also use that seasoning on Chicken Breast that I fry in a pan sprayed with Pam. I also spray the chicken breasts and then sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning. It makes the chicken breasts very flavorful and not fattening at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, I didn't take you seriously at all. I know it's delicious - LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live