Sew Crafty Friday

Shereen at Waiting for Him hosts this each week.

I've been busy working Emily's apron this week. What a nightmare! I thought it would be a simple little pattern but I have to line everything with 1/4" binding. I don't know if you've ever worked with this but it's not easy to keep it in place and sew it at the same time.

I still have to do the pockets and the hem and of course, you guessed it, everything is finished with the binding!

Photobucket

Here is an afghan I'm working on. The first picture is the pattern in the book.
Photobucket

I'm doing it in ecru and light purple.
Photobucket

So far I have 9 squares done. It's going to take awhile to do this but I thought I'd show you what I'm working on now.

Comments

  1. The afghan is going to be beautiful! And I sure get you about the binding. This is why I use 'extra wide,' LOL--even if the pattern wants the skinny kind. I like to do things the easy way.
    Still, for all the hard work, I think the apron is worth it--it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see Emily in it? You know that all things are worth it if you patiently await it! That's a biblical principal and patience is a virtue---so be patient when sewing those tiny little bindings and you will be rewarded with a beautiful looking apron--it will be worth it all!!! LOL! I can say this cause patience is not my virtue either! You come by it naturally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable apron. I'm sure the finished product will be worth the frustration. I love the colors you have chosen fro your afghan. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That afghan looks great, and the apron too. I stay away from binding, that's why I don't quilt!
    I am sure it will be so cute when you finish it!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment! Your apron and afghan both look really great! That binding does look hard to put on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live