Peace














"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-8

Do you find yourself worrying a lot? Are you an anxious type? Do you repeatedly turn things over in your head; things that are troubling you?

Unfortunately, this tends to be my personality. In fact, it really annoys me when I am tossing and turning at night, lying awake and I look over at my husband and he is snoring away! I feel like someone should be awake, worrying with me!

However, these verses tell us to be anxious for nothing. Instead, we should cast our burdens and requests on the Lord. Notice the key word though, with thanksgiving. Wow! Can we really thank God for the burdens we carry? The next verse tells us that when we do this, and only then, we will receive the peace of God.

His peace goes against human reasoning. Even when it does not make sense, we will receive his peace. Our hearts and minds will be protected. Isn’t that wonderful news?

So if you are worrying about finances, health, children, or even losing weight, cast those cares on the Lord. Thank Him for whatever you are going through and give it over to Him. In return, He will give you His peace.

Comments

  1. Thanks Terri, I really need this right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so alike Terri! Thank you for this, I really needed it today.

    The 'thankful' part is hard sometimes when suffering is involved. I find it very hard to find joy in difficulties but it's so true that when we choose to be thankful and joyful in all of our circumstances, we do indeed receive peace that passes understanding.

    God bless you today,

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting this Terri. I have been so anxious today about some things and was just ready to break down reading this post because I really needed it. Sometimes i know these things in my head, but when the tests and trials come I tend to get so wrapped up in them that I forget what God has said in His word about the trials, and about his peace. Thank you for reminding me of how I need to deal with my feelings right now. I don't know if you took the picture at the top of the post or not, but it is beautiful! and thank you for your comment on my haircut and weight loss. You are so kind and what you said was so encouraging! God bless! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, I have been VERY anxious lately. I am reading John MacArthur's book Anxiety Attacked, and the chapter I just finished talked about this very thing - replacing anxiety with thankfulness! Wow! Maybe God really wants me to hear that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aprille, It is very hard to have peace during trials. I find that I have to work very hard to "take captive every thought." I spend tons of time in prayer and have a running dialogue in my head with the Lord. I also try very hard to keep my mind on other things too!

    No, I didn't take the picture. That is from the internet. I wish we had warm sun and palm branches right now instead of 35 degree weather in March!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live