Ten Minute Tidy

Okay, a friend of mine today told me how she does a ten minute tidy in her home. Thanks, Jenni :-)! So I decided to implement it. How it works is you set a timer for 10 minutes and you and the children pick up as much as you can in 10 minutes. I used to do this when they were younger but had forgotten all about it. Silly me! It worked wonderfully.

Here are the before pictures.

This counter top is a dumping ground for everything. Believe it or not, it actually looks much better than it did a few days ago.
Photobucket

Okay, it looks like the computer is a dumping ground too.
Photobucket

Piano books never seem to make it back to the shelf where they belong.
Photobucket

The table collects clutter also.
Photobucket

We set the timer and were off! Here are the final results.

Emily wanted to pose :-). Also, the coat hanger is substituting for the antenna that snapped off the radio.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dan came home about 5 minutes after we finished and asked if I cleaned the house. LOL! See, 10 minutes can look like you cleaned all day.

Comments

  1. Thanks Terri, this is a great tip!

    I'm glad it's not just our household who use certain areas as 'dumping grounds'! lol!

    You made a great job and you have a lovely home.

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job, Terri and children. How 'bout coming over here next? Humm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Mom, I'll send them to you next as long as you take them for a week ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You accomplished so much in 10 minutes. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A week, huh? That would be a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live