Blueberry Buckle

I found a bag of blueberries in the back of the freezer this morning from last summer. So I decided to use them up and made blueberry buckle. I doubled this recipe and put it in a 9 x 13 pan and had to bake it a bit longer.

Here is the regular recipe:

Blueberry Buckle

1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, well-beaten
2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
2 cups blueberries
Cinnamon crumble

Cinnamon Crumble
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 cup butter

First cream the margarine and sugar together.
Photobucket

Stir in well-beaten egg.
Photobucket

Sift together dry ingredients.

Then add dry ingredients and milk, alternating between the two and stirring well.
Photobucket

Your batter will look like this when you are done.
Photobucket

Transfer into a well greased 11 1/2 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch pan. (Remember, I doubled the recipe that's why I have the bigger pan.
Photobucket

Sprinkle the blueberries over the top of the batter.
Photobucket

Mix the sugar, flour, and cinnamon for the cinnamon crumble together and then cut in the butter until you have fine crumbles. Sprinkle on top.
Photobucket

Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes. Cut in squares. Serve warm. Makes 8-10 servings.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Yummy, Terri! Reminds me of summer...but I haven't gotten to enjoy spring yet! :( lol! I guess this is just anothr recipe that you twisted my arm to try!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yummy, yummy, yummy. I love blueberries. Can't wait until they're in season again--you were really lucky to find that bag in your freezer. I bet that was a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, YUM!!!!!! I'll bring the coffee, and be there in 2 minutes!

    Terri, I love your blog, and especially these kinds of entries, where you show step to step how to make something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I really could use some of that right now! Looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, that looks so good! I love it when you show the steps of how to make something.

    I have what is probably a silly question. Can I use frozen blueberries- like not ones I picked fresh and froze but frozen from the freezer section?

    Leah
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lcourtneymom/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leah, I would certainly think so. Just thaw them out first and drain any juice off.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.