Curriculum Choices

Photobucket

It's that time of year when I have to sort through all the curriculum choices that are out there and figure out what I want to do with the children for next year. I have a headache!

I find I have two problems. The first is I am very limited financially. I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on curriculum. Secondly, I have children who do not learn well in the traditional way so I don't want to purchase a bunch of textbooks and workbooks and set them down at a table. It won't work that way and if I'm going to do that, I might as well put them back in school. So I always find myself torn between what's easier for me and what's best for them.

So far the only thing that I have set in my mind are math, history and science.

Math-U-See has been an excellent program for my kids and I'm sticking with it.

KONOS unit studies work well for my children. They are designed to go through 8th grade but I can certainly tweak them, make them more complicated, and add lab reports for the boys and yet, they are fun enough for Emily to get something out of it.

I have a number of programs that I can use for writing, grammar and language arts. I already have them and they are free. I've also found a few online programs that for a minimal feel I can print out all sorts of lesson plans for langauage arts and literature.

I still need to get a good Spanish program. I'm not sure what the best is. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

As you can see, I have my work cut out for me.

Comments

  1. Oh but isn't a happy day when we can start looking at it all? lol

    I just got my Understanding Writing...it was better than opening up a Christmas present!! Not sure DD agrees yet ;) But she will.

    MUS...just can't say enough good about it! I have to wait a week or two before I can finally get Epsilon...but even DD is anxiously awaiting that one!

    Love You
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, you have some tricky choices to make Terri. I pray the Lord will guide your decisions. I can't help I'm afraid, but I can pray!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri,

    I don't envy you at all having to make those kinds of choices but if anyone can do it, you can.

    If you need some help coming up with the cash for some curriculum, just let me know for I could help you there.

    I have a computer program from the Learning Company that teaches you to learn to speak spanish, builds vocabulary and pronunciation. You might check them out for a program for children but I'm sure that you have everything you need for tracking down the right program.

    You might also check out Veritas Press for language books for Spanish. They have some good choices.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live