Friday, April 11, 2008

Sew Crafty Friday

Photobucket

Shereen at Waiting for Him hosts Sew Crafty Friday each week. Check out some of the cute crafts the other ladies have been doing.

I've been working on burp cloths and just finished one set of 10 and I'm also done with the second set. They came out so cute!

I found these little, cloth Easter baskets on sale at Walmart about 2 years ago in the shape of different animals. I bought the whole cartful of them (10) because they were only $.10 a piece. I didn't know what I would use them for. A few weeks ago, I got the idea to make burp cloths and give them in the baskets.

When I pulled them out it turns out that almost all of them were cows which totally fit the whole burp cloth theme. How cool is that? I thought of making a little label saying, "If you have to burp, do it in style." or something like that.

Anyway, here are some pictures. They are double-sided - the pattern on one side and the yellow flannel on the other.
Photobucket

Close-up of the pattern:
Photobucket

In the basket:
Photobucket

The yellow in the flannel is actually a much softer yellow than is showing up here.

This was a fun craft because it was so simple! I got 17 done in a week and plan on finishing up today or tomorrow.