Sew Crafty Friday

Photobucket

Shereen at Waiting for Him hosts Sew Crafty Friday each week. Check out some of the cute crafts the other ladies have been doing.

I've been working on burp cloths and just finished one set of 10 and I'm also done with the second set. They came out so cute!

I found these little, cloth Easter baskets on sale at Walmart about 2 years ago in the shape of different animals. I bought the whole cartful of them (10) because they were only $.10 a piece. I didn't know what I would use them for. A few weeks ago, I got the idea to make burp cloths and give them in the baskets.

When I pulled them out it turns out that almost all of them were cows which totally fit the whole burp cloth theme. How cool is that? I thought of making a little label saying, "If you have to burp, do it in style." or something like that.

Anyway, here are some pictures. They are double-sided - the pattern on one side and the yellow flannel on the other.
Photobucket

Close-up of the pattern:
Photobucket

In the basket:
Photobucket

The yellow in the flannel is actually a much softer yellow than is showing up here.

This was a fun craft because it was so simple! I got 17 done in a week and plan on finishing up today or tomorrow.

Comments

  1. Cute burp cloths! And the basket idea was really cute. You do a GREAT job on your blog and I enjoy going to it even though I don't make many comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri,
    I've tagged you, come to my blog and see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri,
    My, you have been busy!! Great buy on those little stuffed animal baskets. I love the burp cloths in them. They look cute put together with the stuffed animals. I am going to try sew some cloth napkins. I don't sew, but I want to learn so I can teach my daughter. I figured napkins are square and I couldn't go wrong! :) Have a great weekend!
    Love Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, I love these! Such a great baby shower gift or to give to the needy, etc. You did a great job at using your imagination to come up with a great idea! I will be on the look out for containers for baby items in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an awesome idea! I love how you put it all together. What a great gift for someone. I hope you don't mind if I borrow it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ckSo sweet! What a wonderful gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome a deal was that and so adorable. What a great idea to use them to hold your burp clothes. Any mom would love that. Great pattern choice. Very uni-sex and cute. Thanks for the lovely comment about my quilt. I figure I have to be real about my mistakes. I doubt if my son will even notice. He'll be tickled to see the old patterns made into something he can use as an adult. I appreciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! The basket photo didn't come out for me, though. I bet the whole thing is adorable. What a great idea--I'll never look at Easter baskets the same way again (at least, starting next year!)

    I'm glad you liked my story about the little girl and the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture came back again. That cow is just too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies for your sweet comments. I gave the one basket to a friend at church who is expecting and she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! I love using an awesome find for something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific idea! I never find deals like that but then I don't ever look at the sales on Easter Basket stuff. Guess I will in the future. What an imagination you have. Beautiful job on the burp cloths. Any mother would love to get that gift!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! Really cute too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live