3D Girls

Last night was our final night of 3D Girls until the fall. This has been the first weekly program that our church plant has ever run and it was a smashing success. We had 12-15 girls come every week, most of them who don't go to church. They have really grown and learned some new things this year.

Photobucket

I had the girls share things they have learned this last year and here are some of their replies.

"We learned to not be selfish."
"That we only need to believe in Jesus to go to heaven."
"To include others."
"We learned how to pray."
"To welcome people to our church."

Some of them started the year very shy and were able to step out of their comfort zone and perform in front of people.

Photobucket

Some came in wanting to just hang with their friends and they learned to include other girls who were of all ages.

Photobucket

Some became much more self-confident.

Photobucket

One of the neatest experiences that Jenna (my co-leader) and I had was to see a tangible expression of their spiritual growth. Around the second month, I had the girls break up into small groups to pray together and hardly any of them would pray. They were embarrassed, shy and didn't know what to say. Two weeks ago, they were all sharing their prayer requests during prayer time and I made a comment about not being able to remember them all because there were so many. One of the girls said, "Why don't we just pray around the circle." Every single one of those girls prayed without hesitation.

What an awesome prayer time that was! So even though it's nice to have a break for the summer, I'm going to miss these little faces and look forward to seeing them again in September.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Hi Terri! You won the drawing at my blog! If you would like the watermelon fabric, that's great. If you want to see some other choices I can email you a picture. Please email me with your choice of fabric and mailing address. I'll make the bag this weekend and mail it on Monday! Thanks for participating and visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Terri, so encouraging to hear of young people growing in the Lord.

    And Congratulations on winning Debbie J's draw! YAY!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure that every one of the girls took something away from this that will affect her forever in a positive way. They sure look like they had fun!

    And congrats on winning Debbie's clothespin bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on winning Debbie J's clothespin bag on her blog this week!

    It is so great and rewarding to know that you had a hand in the growth and maturity in a young person's life and in drawing them closer to the Lord. Good job! Great Work! You need time to rest but I know you will be ready by fall to get back into the swing of things and to get back into the lives of these young people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad this first year went so well. I remember when you were getting it all started in the fall. It sounded like such a neat idea!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous end to the year for you Terri. We have just begun our 12yo daughter in a new girls bible study group for 12-15yo's this term. Your post is very encouraging to me, as for us, the commitment for Miss Sunshine to be at this group is significant with timing in the evening and the traveling we do to make it happen.

    It's good be reminded that it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live