A Day at the Zoo

We had planned on going to the Bronx Zoo for Emily's birthday. However, normally we go on Wednesdays when it is free. I looked at their website and after finding out it would cost $100 just to get into the place, we looked for an alternative place to go.

We ended up going to Space Farms Zoo and Museum. It was a place we used to go to all the time when we lived in New Jersey. We haven't been there for 8 years so it was really nice to go back.

It turned out to be a gorgeous day and Emily had a blast.

We packed a picnic lunch.
Photobucket

Emily fed the animals corn that the farm had available.
Photobucket

Photobucket

A young grizzly bear looking for a meal.
Photobucket

This guy's head made me laugh. He looked like he had a wig on.
Photobucket

Lions.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Racing up the hill to see the fiercest bear - the kodiak.
Photobucket

He didn't seem so fierce to me. LOL!
Photobucket

The boys were good sports about the day. They hung out at the snake pit.
Photobucket

After we looked at the animals and walked about 3 miles, we went into the museums. They had old cars, farm equipment, toys and tools.

The children decided they wanted to be locked up in the jail.
Photobucket

Of course, Nathan and Stephen had to be dramatic. Nathan told me they were pretending they were going stir-crazy from being locked up in a one room jail. LOL.
Photobucket

We took a break for some candy and soda.
Photobucket

Then back outside so Emily could play on the playground.
Photobucket

This picture made me laugh because I realized afterwards that all three of them stand the same way.
Photobucket

We had a great time and the birthday girl loved her day.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. It looks like you all had a fantastic time. I've been catching up on all of your lovely posts. My anxiety disorder has been tough to deal with this week, and I always find it hard to do all of the things I usually do when that happens. Like using the computer. I don't have faith like you have. This might seem odd and possibly a bad thing, but I grew up in a religion free zone. I do love to read your words on God and faith, because it seems so wonderful to me that your belief in God supports every part of your life. I know this will help you through the difficulties with the church building. And the challenges we face make us stronger, if we choose to face them positively. That does sound rather wise coming from one who faces the challenge of an anxiety disorder and doesn't always come out on top. I saw a new doctor this week, (guaranteed to freak me out) as mine was away, and she said I do amazingly well for someone with my condition. I think I need a bit of faith in my life, even if it is only in myself. Maybe that is why, through some crazy internet miracle, you found me. Lots of love XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri...lovely photos of a happy family on a great day out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppy, thank you for being open and honest and sharing some of your struggle with anxiety. My son, Stephen also struggles with this. Stephen's faith in Jesus does help him with his anxieties. I'll be praying for you. I know having an anxiety disorder makes many things we take for granted, difficult.

    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a wonderful time! What treasured memories ~ and lovely pictures!

    Have a blessed weekend,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, what a lovely day out you all had! Your pics are great, as always! I'm glad Emily had a nice birthday treat!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Looks like ya'll had a great day! Wonderful pictures! Great family times!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that Emily had a great birthday day at the Zoo with all the animals. I especially enjoyed the pictures of family. Glad the weather cooperated with you, too!

    We are having Tornado watches right now. I hope they go in some other direction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you all had a great day together at the zoo!! Hope you are having a great weekend!!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your pics Terri! Looks like ya'll had a really great day! I haven't been to the zoo since before I had children, except for a petting zoo! I soooo want to go!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live