Sausage and Peppers

We haven't had this in a while and it's always a favorite with the children. It's very easy to make.

First, I took 1/2 of a green pepper, 1/2 of a red pepper and 1/2 of a yellow pepper and cut them into chunks. I also took a medium onion and sliced it.
Photobucket

Then take sweet Italian sausage and slit the casings and slide the sausage out and into a pan. Brown the sausage over medium heat and cut into pieces with the spatula.
Photobucket

When the sausage is about half-way cooked, add the vegetables and mix well. Saute until the vegetables are soft and the meat is cooked.
Photobucket

I added (2) 8-oz. cans of tomato sauce and 1 tsp. of oregano. Mix well and simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
Photobucket

I served this over rice and with a salad. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. That looks really yummy! I've never thought of skinning a sausage and using the middle. Now I've got my thinking cap on and there are several things I could do with sausages other than have sausages. Thanks! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of sausage, but this looks gooood Terri!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks good and so easy! I try to use turkey sausage (less fat and calories), but I think it would still be good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies.

    50s Housewife - I think turkey sausage would work great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live