Stephen

Photobucket

I thought I'd share with you a bit about my middle child, Stephen. I was looking at this picture of him from Sunday and noticing how much he is maturing. I see Dan in him more and more every day.

Stephen has always been my child that oozes mercy. There is not a malicious bone in his body. I remember being upset one time because he was constantly being picked on by this boy. I told Stephen that he needed to grab ahold of this other child and let him know that he needed to stop. (I know, I know...not very Christ-like of me). Stephen came back into the room about 10 minutes later with tears in his eyes and said, "Mom, I just can't do that because my heart tells me it's not the right thing to do." :-)

He has always shared a room with Nathan and is extremely patient with Nathan's tics. Because Nathan struggles with dyslexia, Stephen patiently spells things over and over again for him.

On the other hand, Stephen is a perfectionist and will get very angry at himself if doesn't grasp something right away. He gets very upset if whatever he is working on doesn't come out perfectly.

Stephen is not very athletic. His interests have more to do with music and art. He can read music but would rather play by ear and make things up. He is in the process of writing a song for the piano which is turning out rather well.

Snakes are his passion! He loves to hunt for them and knows all about them. His desire is to be a naturalist and loves everything to do with science.

He is a great kid and loves the Lord. He told me one day that Sunday is his favorite day because he loves going to church. I can see him definitely being a pastor or missionary because he loves God and he loves people. Stephen always has about 4 or 5 little boys at church that follow him around. They love him!

So now you know a bit about Stephen and why I love him so much.

Comments

  1. Thanks Terri for sharing about you wonderful little young man. He sounds like a precious one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is but he is not so little. He just turned 15. He is just small for his age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post! Thank you so very much for sharing about your son! I have been thinking of doing the same ..... a post all about one child at a time..... what a blessing you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely description of your son. Thank you, I could feel your love and understanding shining through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was lovely to read Terri! My son is 15 too and also small for his age...the best things come in small packages.

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How awesome to see a teenager with such compassion and love!! Not very often you see that in this day and age!! Great job raising hima and how awesome that he loves the Lord so much!!! Great post!!Take care!~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for Sharing this post about Stephen, he surely is an unusal young man and I love it that he has such a kind and warm and compassionate heart.

    I did see this and I was intending to comment but Curt just came home from working at the church and I was reading your devotion and this post on Stephen and I wanted Curt to read so I called him to read about it and your devotional...I guess in being so intent on his reading it and having to start supper because Wed. is Awana (I didn't see Stephen's post until Wed.) that I simply forgot to comment.

    Stephen is a terrific young man and I would not want to miss the opportunity to tell him so. Thanks for asking about this, it was purely an oversite and I know I don't have to comment but in this case, I'm glad you asked because I meant to.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your son is very special. Us Moms know their hearts, don't we? Their joys are our joys. Their sorrows are our sorrows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely boy. You must be very proud of him.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.