Monday, June 23, 2008

Mondays

Mondays are just such blah days around here. I think a lot of it is just from the extreme busyness of the weekend. Because Dan is a pastor, our weekends are nuts. The entire day on Saturday is taken up with worship practice, bulletins, men's breakfasts, ladies luncheons, and things like that.

Then of course there is Sunday. Sunday is NOT a day of rest for the pastor and his family. We are normally going from early in the morning to late at night. Last night, we had our small group meeting here and one couple stayed until 9:45. I'm not complaining because we loved having them but I wanted to give you an example of what I mean.

Then there is Monday. It's like we've had major activity and then everything comes to a screeching halt. In order to keep our sanity, everyone tends to move slower here.

On Mondays.....

I let the children sleep in a bit.

School is on the lighter side.

I tend to do easier meals like leftovers.

I may read or sew or crochet in the afternoons instead of doing major housework.

Sometimes we take the afternoon and go somewhere with the children.

I find that we just need that extra day to revamp, rest and get refocused. How do you spend your Mondays?