Sew Crafty Friday

Photobucket

It's Sew Crafty Friday over at Waiting for Him. Go on over and check out some of the crafts there.

I thought I'd update you on the afghan I'm making. To refresh your memory here is what the finished product will look like.
Photobucket

I'm doing it in ecru and lavender and the more I look at it I really wish I chose different colors or at least a white instead of the ecru. However, there is no going back at this point. :-)

I got the two side panels done which consisted of 14 squares for each panel. The middle panel has 9 large squares and I only have two more squares to go. I'll have to stitch the squares together and then crochet the other panels.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So at the rate I'm going you probably won't see any more progress for a few more months. However, it's slowly but surely getting done.

Comments

  1. It's beautiful Terri, you're making a lovely job! I think the colour-scheme is pretty! I don't usually go in for lavender colours much, but your crochet looks very nice!

    Love, Tina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that combination of orchid and white! I'm sure you'll finish it in time, but don't worry-last time I looked, yarn didn't have a 'shelf life,' LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow its looking great Terri. Great Job. I am still making dresses dailey. Hope to get together soon. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought a magazine today that came with 3 three crotchet hooks. I'm determined to learn after being inspired by lovely afghans like this on the blogs I read. Can't wait to see yours finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh...all is right in the world...my craft inspiration is here. :) I even crochetted this week and thought of you while doing it! The girls got new scarves...am I the only one thinking of winter already?? LOL
    It's looking great! I like the ecru, white white can look harsher and out of place in a home setting where everything else tends to blend well :)
    Love You,
    Laura in VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the ecru is just beautiful with lavender. It gives it a soft, old-fashioned, Victorian look, which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ladies for your kind thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.