Blueberry Picking

We went blueberry picking this morning at an orchard we go to every year. We ended up with 20 lbs. of blueberries in about an hour and 15 minutes for much cheaper than we would of got them in the store.

Rows of berries.
Photobucket

Mmmmm, they were very juicy and sweet. The bushes were loaded with them and there were only about 5 other people picking.
Photobucket

Dan tolerates this task every year. I think he'd rather be doing almost anything else but he's always a good sport and comes along. I honestly wouldn't make him come but he loves spending time with the family.
Photobucket

Emily was the first one done.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Stephen has the same attitude about this task as his father. LOL!
Photobucket

Nathan just plugs along until it's finished.
Photobucket

The fruit of our labor!
Photobucket

Comments

  1. 20 pounds of berries Terri! WOW!!
    How do you go about freezing them?(assuming that you will be?)
    They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, I just washed them, drained them and put them in 4 cup amounts (enough for a pie) in freezer bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We tried to grow blueberries in France this year. Sadly only one bush survived, with no berries. Maybe it is too cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is one of my favorite things to do!! It's on the schedule for us in a couple of weeks! So fun!!

    Enjoy!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Terri...I'm so jealous. I wish we had blueberry picking close by. I think the closest place is about an hour and a half away but I have my eyes and ears open for a closer place to pick.

    What a great way to spend an hour and be rewarded with berries for pies. Yum!!!

    Dianne (Mom)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live