Pasta Pesto Salad

April asked me to post a recipe for this. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of the salad but I do have some of the pesto making process.

Basil Pesto

Wash 2 cups of packed basil.
Photobucket

In a food processor, grind up 1/3 cup of pignola nuts.
Photobucket

Add 3 medium sized garlic cloves and blend them with the pine nuts.
Photobucket

Now add the basil, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano cheese and process until smooth and creamy. Add salt and fresh ground, black pepper to taste.

Viola!
Photobucket

The pesto actually thickens up when refrigerated and it is delicious.

Now, here is my recipe for Pasta Pesto Salad.

1 lb. cooked pasta of your choice - I use spiral noodles
3-4 green onions, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red, sweet pepper, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup of pesto
1 cup of mayonnaise

Mix until well blended. You can use more or less pesto and mayonnaise, depending on what you like. Just make sure it's equal parts of both.

There you have it! I've also added boneless, cooked chicken breast when I've wanted it as a main lunch meal.

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I am a pesto NUT! Thanks for this recipe - it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... I love pesto! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Believe or not, I never knew what pesto was made out of! Thanks for the recipe.

    Leah
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lcourtneymom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies. It's delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live