Monday, July 21, 2008

Uncomfortable Feelings

As I've been packing up our posessions, taking down curtains, and weeding through things, I've noticed that my children have been more and more out of sorts. It's nothing major but I've noticed that the bickering level has gone up. They seem to be pacing and don't know what to do with themselves. I know much of this has to do with the fact that their home that they love, have lived in for the past 4 years and where they feel comfortable is being turned upside down.

They are no longer little so they can understand why they feel like this but it still doesn't solve the problem. When we had to move and they were little, they would be whiny for days. They would cry and cling to us and generally made it more difficult. They are now 17, 15 and 9 so I'm not getting whining and crying but the general mood in the house is stressed.

So, we are working as fast as we can and trying to get things settled in the new house quickly so that we can get over this hurdle.

I understand my children well because I've been feeling the same way. There is not a particular feeling I can put my finger on, just an overwhelming feeling that things are not right.

I took some pictures today to give you an idea of what moving a house looks like. I'm warning you now, it's not pretty! LOL!

Laundry to be folded and books to be packed.
Photobucket

Piles waiting for a place to go.
Photobucket

Boxes to go to the new house. Bare windows.
Photobucket

The never-ending mountain of boxes.
Photobucket

I'm anxious to put things in their spot in the new house, hang the pictures, put up my special treasures and memories. So in the meantime, I keep plodding along with these uncomfortable feelings.