Whole Wheat Bread

This is my favorite whole wheat bread recipe and it comes out perfect every time.

Whisk together 2 1/4 tsp. yeast with 1 1/4 cups of warm water.
Photobucket

Add 1 1/2 tsp. salt & 1/2 tsp. lemon juice. Then add 2 Tbsp. olive oil and 2 Tbsp. honey. Whisk well after each addition.
Photobucket

In a Kitchen Aid mixer or by hand, mix in 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour.
Photobucket

Add 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour and mix well.
Photobucket

This wasn't part of the original recipe but I add in 1 Tbsp. flax seeds and 2 Tbsp. sunflower seeds. Continue mixing until the dough is smooth and elastic. If you are doing this by hand, this is the point where you turn it out onto a floured board and knead until smooth and elastic.

Place in a well greased loaf pan, cover and let rise in a warm place until double, about 45 minutes.
Photobucket

Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Looks delicious ~ homemade bread is so good!!

    Thanks for sharing your recipe :)

    Blessings,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this, Terri. I think I'll try it this week. I'm still trying to perfect home-made bread. I'm just not experienced enough to look at a recipe and know if it'll work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good too! So many yummies, so little time!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may give recipe a try too, Terri, the next time I'm ready to make bread. It sounds good. But I also like using the Bread Machine because I can get other things done while it does all the work.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this bread yesterday and it is delicious! Thank you for posting your recipe. It is my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live