Mystery Dish

Hmmmmm, what could be in this bowl?
Photobucket

Why am I keeping my flour container on top? Well, that's mostly because the saran wrap doesn't fit tightly on the bowl and I'm trying to keep it airtight.

Saturday night is our monthly ethnic dinner with my friend Stephanie. It's my turn to cook and this month we are eating foods from Korea.

So, back to the orginal question - what's in the bowl?

It's Kimchi!
Photobucket

Kimchi is pickled cabbage that is very hot! In Korea, it's stored in ceramic jars in the ground but I had to do with a ceramic bowl on my countertop. It has a combination of red pepper flakes, salt, garlic, and onions and is so good! Of course, make sure you have tons of water next to you when you eat it. The longer it sets the hotter it gets. Of course, mine will not be that spicy because it's only had a few days to marinate instead of months.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Hi, Thanks for responding to my comment on your previous post. I have put you on my favorites list, you have a wonderfully uplifting blog. I especially like your Wednesday Words of Encouragement.
    I'm new to blogging but have enjoyed "getting to know" other Christian women from all over the country. Plus blogging is a little like scrapbooking(which I also love). You can check me out at www.lisawith4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa. I'll come check out a little later today! I always enjoy meeting new people. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, maybe I'll give that a miss Terri, thanks! I dont like hot things, but my grandaughter would!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really brave Terri! I cn not eat really spicy stuff. That seems to be REALLY hot though! Hope you all enjoy it.
    Have a great weekend!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live