Those of you who are methodical and think things through before acting or responding probably don't have to reflect on the saying, "haste makes waste" too much. But for some it's a hard lesson to learn, especially if you are a quick decision maker. I did look up where the saying came from and it was first recorded in the apocryphal Book of Wisdom around 190 BCE. It says, “There is one that toileth and laboureth, and maketh haste, and is so much the more behind.” Over time it was shortened to the quip we know today. For myself, it's a lesson I've had to learn. I've spent countless hours throughout the years having to go back and redo something or find solutions to problems brought about by being too hasty in my actions or response in agreeing to do something another wants me to do. To be honest, that later problem is more of what I have struggled with in my life. I have difficulty saying no to people so tend to get caught up in their enthusiasm and agree...
Well done Terri...you must be very pleased!
ReplyDeletelove, Tina :)
That is wonderful, Terri!
ReplyDelete~Kelli
Good news Terri! Well done.
ReplyDeleteTerri,
ReplyDeleteThat is good news! You are doing great!
Have a blessed week,
Sharon
Great Job Terri. Keep it up.
ReplyDelete