Strong Shoes

"If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes." ~ Corrie ten Boom
Photobucket
Discouragement.  

Anxiety over the future.  

Anger over circumstances.  

 Defeat. 

So many times lately I have given in to these emotions. Our future seems so uncertain at times and it's hard to see the forest because of the trees.   However, we believe that God has a plan for us.  We have seen God work in wonderful ways over the past few years. 

We trust Him and know He is has His best for us.  However those same emotions take hold at times. 

Discouragement.

Anxiety over the future.

Anger over circumstances.

Defeat. 

Yet, even in the midst of these swirling emotions, I know that God gives us what we can handle. If we are walking in His way and keeping our eyes on Him, He will provide a way.

Photobucket

There are many valleys and shadows in our lives. There are times when things seem bleak and overgrown with weeds.

Photobucket

When things seem overwhelming and defeat seems near, He always seems to give us moments of light and joy. An oasis in the middle of chaos.

Photobucket

So today I am choosing..


Encouragement. 

To have faith.

To listen to His voice. 

And to know that I can have the victory.

Photobucket

For I know that when He calls me to walk in strong paths, He will give me strong shoes!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Dear Terri,

    I shall be keeping your family in our prayers. We have been having some tough times financially around here also, so I can relate. What encouraging words you have shared...they help to not only encourage you, but those who read them also!
    Thank you for sharing! :)

    Blessings!
    ~Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you and your family.
    God bless, Kathy in Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying the peace of Christ will RULE in your heart and the word of Christ will dwell, be at home in your heart richly. May you do everything in the name of our Lord who knows your name Terri and knows what you need. May you have a WONDERFUL Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and your family.
    God is able...
    Love & Prayers, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful post Terri - things are a bit bleak here and your words give hope.I sometimes feel I'm walking through a bad storm but that God gave me a stout mackintosh to wear and if I just pull up the collar and plod on I'll weather much of the storm and who knows, it may be the next corner that holds the sunshine and inevitable rainbow :)
    Sounds daft but it keeps me going - lol.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. ~ Jeremiah 29:11


    Praying that you feel His peace as you trust in Him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful quote and post. Keep walking closely with Him, love and prayers, Tina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad that you have chosen the correct response to what God has allowed in your life. He is faithful and will provide, all you have to do is trust Him and look to see how He will do just that because we serve a faithful God and He will not give you more than you can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This has been a difficult year for us and I have felt much of the same emotions. Your encouragement is an encouragement to me! Thank you! And I want you to know that I am always blessed by your faithful service to the Lord. That also is an encouragement and inspiration to me! Keep pressing on, Terri. Praying for you today!

    Blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live