Cocoa Snowflakes

These cookies are very easy to make and can be as chewy or crunchy as you like. If you like a chewier cookie, just bake them a minute or two less.

Combine 2 cups all purpose flour, 2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt in a bowl.
Photobucket

In a heavy saucepan, melt 10 Tbsp. butter over low heat, add 12 Tbsp. cocoa powder and blend well, until smooth.
Photobucket

Stir in 2 cups of sugar until well combined.
Photobucket

Add 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract and 4 extra large eggs, one at a time.
Photobucket

Add flour mixture and mix well.
Photobucket

Cover teh dough and refrigerate until well chilled (at least 2 hours). The dough will never get really stiff, but is won't roll into nice balls if it's warm.

Roll the dough into 3/4" balls, then roll in powdered sugar.
Photobucket

Place 2 inches apart on a greased cookies sheet. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 8 minutes.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Terri, these look yummy!

    I thought I was the only one up at 4 in the morning on a Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woke up at 3 and couldn't get back to sleep, so I finally decided to get up. I'm ready for a nap now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this recipe Terri! These look so yummy. I may be able to make these! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terri, the cookies look delicious!
    I love anything chocolate!
    Miriam :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm1 These look easy enough for me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Miriam....I also like anything chocolate so will be trying these out. I don't know how I'm going to hold the weight down before the holidays are over but so far I'm staying the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have seen these before but I've never made them until now! We made some dough up last night thinking we would have some while putting ornaments on the tree ~ only I didn't read ahead to see they needed to chill! So we made up another cookie for last night and baked the dough for these Cocoa Snowflakes this afternoon! They are yummy! Thanks, Terri! :) Pretty soon my recipe book will be filled with recipes from you!

    Sweet blessings,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sharon, I'm glad you are enjoying the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your kind thoughts everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live