Shrimp Creole

I made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! There was nothing left in the pot when we were done so that's always a sign that it was a hit.

I made Chef Emeril's Creole Seasoning first. Store in an airtight container.
Photobucket

2 1/2 Tbsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. black pepper
1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. dried leaf oregano
1 Tbsp. dried leaf thyme

Now for the shrimp creole.

Chop 1 onion, 1 stalk of celery, 1 green pepper, and mince 3 garlic cloves.
Photobucket

Saute the veggies in 3 Tbsp. olive oil in a large pot.
Photobucket

Add 2 lbs. cleaned shrimp and saute until pink.
Photobucket

Add 1 (14 oz.) can of diced tomatoes, 1 (6 oz.) can of tomato paste, 1 quart of tomato sauce, and 2 Tbsp. of the creole seasoning.
Photobucket

Mix together well and simmer for at least one hour. I served it over brown rice, made homemade biscuits and a side salad.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. MMMMMMMMMMMMM.... That look delicious. I just love seafood (especially shrimp). Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Have a blessed day!

    ~Charree

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy! That looks so hearty and great for these cool fall days.
    Too bad you live clear across the country or I'd probably be inviting meself over for dinner!
    Maybe, just maybe, I could find some cheap airfare!! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charree, welcome to my blog. I hope you come back and visit again. This was the first time I made this and it was delicious. Definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, come on over (up)?! I love visitors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good and I'm sure my family would love it. Yes, when the pot's empty, that's always a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious, Terri! I shall have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.