Sugar Cookies

This is probably one of the best sugar cookie recipes I have ever found. You don't have to chill the dough and they are very flavorful even without the sugar or frosting on top.

Cream together 1 cup softened butter and 1 cup sugar.
Photobucket

Add one egg and 1 tsp. vanilla. (Sorry for the blurry picture)
Photobucket

Sift together 3 cups, all-purpose flour and 2 tsp. baking powder.
Photobucket

Gradually add to the butter mixture.
Photobucket

Form the dough into a smooth ball.
Photobucket

Roll out on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Cut wtih cookie cutters.
Photobucket

Place on ungreased cookie sheet and sprinkle with sugar. (Skip the sugar and wait until cool to frost)
Photobucket

Bake at 400 degrees for 6 minutes. They shouldn't brown at all. Obviously, I didn't listen!
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Hmmm - I'm going to have to try that recipe. As far as the oven heating evenly, have you tried turning the cookie sheets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another homeschool mom - thank you for your suggestion. I actually should of said that we recently moved here and I'm getting used to the oven. It's not that it heats unevenly so much as this oven has top and bottom coils so I don't need to cook things as long. I'm still getting used to the time variation.

    I hope you'll visit again!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMM! Another recipe to try when I finally get a kitchen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe! My daughter and I are going to be baking cookies to put in a little over 100 soldier boxes for Christmas and this is certainly going to be on the list!!

    Karen in TN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look nice and easy! We always make sugar cookies in December. Lots of flour and sprinkles everywhere!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Terri,

    I don't usually make sugar cookies because I've never really had a good recipe! Maybe I can give these a try!

    Have a blessed Sunday!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live