Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner











My children have begun the countdown to Thanksgiving. Every day they tell me how many days are left before the big day arrives. You would think they would be talking about Christmas, but no, they are looking forward to their grandparents arrival and the big dinner.

I'm feeling the pressure to come up with something spectacular so I thought I would post my Thanksgiving menu so I can begin planning out the cooking schedule. We will have 13 all together for Thanksgiving dinner.

Thanksgiving Menu

Main Meal
Roast turkey with cornbread dressing
Mashed potatoes & gravy
Sweet potato casserole
Homemade dinner rolls
Butternut squash
Corn pudding
Tossed salad
Jello salad

Dessert
Pies - pumpkin, apple, blueberry
Pumpkin cheesecake
Carmel apple crisp

Beverages
Sparkling cider
Coffee
Tea

I'll probably tweak this a bit but many of these are old favorites so I can't mess with the menu too much. :-) The leftovers are the best part of the whole meal!

For more Thanksgiving ideas, menus, poems, and inspiration, visit Kelli's blog.