Gingerbread Men

I got this recipe at a cookie swap I went to last year and I didn't like the texture of the cookie. So I tweaked it and these ended up being a keeper.

In a bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 3/4 tsp. ginger, 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, and 1/8 tsp. allspice.
Photobucket

In a mixing bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
Photobucket

Blend in 1/2 cup dark molasses and 1/4 cup water.
Photobucket

Gradually add dry ingredients to liquid mixture until well mixed.
Photobucket

Cover and chill 2-3 hours. Roll dough to 1/4" thickness on a well-floured surface. Cut with your favorite cut-out. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
Photobucket

Enjoy!

Comments

  1. They are so cute! I bet your house smelled delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy and so very cute. I might have to give them a try next week.

    Have a blessed weekend!
    ~Charree

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.