India

Photobucket

We got together with our friends, Stephanie & Juan, for our monthly ethnic meal and it was my turn to cook. We started this about a year ago and it's been so much fun. We pick a country and if it's your turn to cook, you make it start to finish from scratch. It was my turn and I made food from India. The children helped me and in the past I've had them look up facts and things about the country we are doing. However, this time I just ran out of time.

Of course, I forgot to take many pictures but I thought I'd share the menu.

Photobucket

Curried dahl
Indian chicken curry
Couscous
Naan with Chatpata Chana Dip
Tomato/cucumber salad
Rice pudding

It was a feast and I ate too much which is also why I now have acid reflux and why I'm posting at 3:00 a.m. :-)

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Sounds delicious Terri, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like lots of fun and delicious too!

    I notice that you post in the wee hours of the morning a lot like I do. LOL. I am a morning person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you all had lots of fun and the food looks delicious!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really neat idea. The dinner looked so tasty. Have a great weekend!
    ~Charree

    ReplyDelete
  5. that menu sounds amazing.. i do believe i've never eaten "real" Indian food!
    My hubby is meat n potatoes guy so we don't wander too far from the comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is such a fun idea to do. What is the dish that you posted the picture of?

    Get some tums to keep on hand...that will help with the acid reflux.

    Of course, eating less carbs also helps but then, you knew that didn't you. I glad you had a good time with your friends.

    You should post some of the pictures when its your friends turn and take pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mom,

    The second picture is the curried chicken and the third picture is Naan, which is a flatbread.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing Not to Kick the Cat

Oh What to Do; I'm Sixty-Two!

Eating to Live