Feel the Need to Clarify

I feel like I need to clarify what I was trying to say in my post yesterday. I was not talking about submission or following any random man. In fact, the scripture is clear that I'm supposed to submit to God and my husband and the rulers and authorities. That's it.

What I was referring to is the man-bashing that goes on among many Christian women. The scripture is clear that we are to show respect. How? Well, I think one way is not gossiping, backbiting, and slandering our fellow Christian brothers and sisters. It doesn't matter if they deserve it or not. I don't have to think they are deserving of my respect, but I am required to not say unkind things. In fact, the scripture doesn't say give them respect if they deserve it. It just says do it. There is no qualifier.

Our attitudes toward men stink to be honest. Why? I'm not sure. Sometimes it has to do with our upbringing, our lack of a positive male role model in our lives, our own marriages which may be struggling. However, if I say I love the Lord and I want to be obedient to His word, that means my words need to be edifying. The situations that I'm thinking of have nothing to do with men who are undeserving. It is just an overall attitude that men can't do anything right.

So, I'm sorry if there was a misunderstanding of what I was saying. I also apologize that I took a comment and made it an issue. I removed that whole post because my words were not edifying to anyone listening in.

I hope you will forgive me!

Comments

  1. I think you did a wonderful job! You certainly have a precious heart!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about it Terri...we've all been in situations like this in blogland. Hugs to you my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love your comments and encouragement! I can't always respond back but do read each comment.